SOL #15 - Yesterday’s Amber Alert



As the title says, this literally happened yesterday.


As usual, all the lights in my room are off.
There I am, playing Splatoon 2 on my switch while laying down on my bed. After about 2 hours, I decided to go to bed.

So it's about 10:30 pm when I check the time, I decided to actually sleep at a kind of normal time tonight compared to the usual __Am.

I'm about to reach dreamland when I'm dragged from it into the depths of hell.

My phone is making the most irritating noise. The thing about my phone is that I set all my notifications on max volume when I'm home so I don't forget snapchat streaks. My phone has reallllllly loud speakers. I thought this was my alarm for 6 am (when I wake up for school), so I had bigger mini heart attack this time.

I slept earlier, but I felt like I got less sleep. WHAt

I check the time, it's only 11, thank god. I'm fiddling with my phone to turn it off, but I hear my parent's phones ringing downstairs too

Oh no.

My parents get really angry when they're prematurely woken up, so my mom storms out of her room and busts my door open to ask why her phone is ringing.

I told her, "It's an amber alert, someone probably got kidnapped, just worry about it tomorrow morning"

"Oh. Ok. Goodnight Ian" (they call me that at home, don't call me that at school please)

At this point, I'm fully awake and decide to read what happened.

Nearby, a mother was found shot dead with her 2 and 3 year old no where to be found, the father is no where to be found.

Jesus Christ, Ok. I already hear enough police sirens when I'm upstairs. I think I'll just go to sleep now.

Comments

  1. I like how the one night that people sleep early is the night that an amber alert goes off. Nice narrative.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts