SOL #21 - Stranded pt. 1


[This happened last year, near the beginning of the summer]

It's 4 AM. My family was planning on taking a plane trip to the Philippines for vacation.
In order for the plane ticket to not cost so much, we planned on staying in Japan for an hour or two and pick up another plane to the Philippines (forgot the term for this type of plane trip).

Our taxi arrived. My father, mother, sister and I loaded ourselves and our stuff into the van-taxi-thing. I'm sleepy, so I rest up until we arrive at the airport.

I love going to airports. No, really. It just feels "cool" to walk around an Airport for some reason.


We head to the JAL section (Japan Airlines) of  the airport's terminal. After waiting for what feels like an eternity, the asian lady at the desk takes our bags and they go on their own odyssey to our Airplane's cargo bay.

After that, we go to McDonalds to get a snack. I snarf down a 20 pack of McNuggets, which are basically the only thing I eat on the McDonalds menu. 

We then go to the JAL section of the airport where you wait to board. After waiting for an hour or so, we are lined up and sit in row 13, seat A, B, C, and D of this red and white jumbo jet.

The crew say their usual airplane safety mumbo jumbo, pull the red strap if you think you're drowning. Ok.

Partway through our 14 hour flight, my mom wakes me up. They're serving breakfast. They come in these cute little plastic trays covered in tin foil. Almost burn my hand trying to open it. There's rice and some kind of chicken and vegetables. Not half bad, tastes pretty good.

After that, I sleep again, through lunch and most of the afternoon. My mom wakes me up again, as we're about to land. It's pitch black outside and about 7PM. We've reached Narita Airport.

We pickup our luggage and head to the Philippine airlines area of the airport. On the way, there are the normal moving walkways you usually find at airports, but there's giant windows near this one, cool.

Once we arrive, we wait another hour and our flight is delayed until tomorrow morning. 

What?

(will continue in tomorrow's SOL)




Comments

Popular Posts