SOL #24 - The Amazing Birthday



[This happened last year on my dad's 44th birthday, March 11 2017]

It was My dad's 44th birthday today. Hah, he can't swap the numbers on the cake to make himself feel younger today.

I had nothing to give, as I don't even have an allowance to get anything for him. I just gave him a hug, as it seems he wanted one.

He likes the food at Ihop (international house of pancakes, if you've never been there), so we went there for breakfast.

I ate steak tips, as I enjoyed the last time I had them at Ihop, and so did my dad since he had similar feelings.

Afterward, we headed to the mall to buy stuff, my mom bought my dad a nice looking jacket and a watch.

OK. The day is going well so far, but I'm kind of tired, and it seems that the rest of my family is too after a day's worth of walking.

We brought a few shopping bags out of the car and closed the doors.

Once we got to the house, my dad realized that he had left the house keys inside the car.

He tried to open the driver door of the car, but apparently, my mom accidentally locked the car using the button next to her chair.

We're locked out of our house and the car. The extra key for our car is inside the house. We are outside our house with shopping bags.

This happened before, so I asked if I could climb through the window like last time. Unfortunately, we installed locks on our windows before and now we literally have no way of getting in.

My dad calls a locksmith. He takes 2 hours to arrive, and makes us pay up $50 dollars for him to come here. We give him verification and stuff so he can tell that this is our house, and that he isn't doing anything illegal.

He grabs his stuff from his pickup truck. One thing he has is a weird inflateable bag that you pump up.

He slips three of them between the door and the door frame, pumping all three up to max pressure. I can hear the door whining. He gets another tool and the doorknob plus all the lock bits fall out. We can open the door now, but we definitely don't have a lock anymore.

We pay him his stupid overpriced $200 dollar bill, get the car keys to unlock the car, and fix everything.

My dad had to go get another lock at home depot, his day was probably ruined.

Comments

Popular Posts