SOL #29 - Hi, I'm Sarah Koenig



[This happened today]

Today, we had a field trip to the holocaust museum.

Due to this, I was excused from stem for the day. I got a decent amount of sleep for last night since this gave me the opportunity to wake up after 7. Good day so far.

I dressed up, ate, and my dad dropped me off at Heritage, I chatted with a few friends before heading inside.

After Excel, I went to gym class for about 15 minutes, then went upstairs to get my jacket and lunch.

Once in the MPR, I made a beeline to the MPR so I would have somewhere to sit. Mrs Gump took attendance of her group, then I fell asleep while sitting up.

I was then woken up by Mrs Gump, she asked how I could sleep sitting up. I have no idea.

Afterward, we headed to the front of the school. I was hoping that we would have the same bus as Mrs Larson's group since most of my friends were there, but alas, the 3rd bus did not arrive and we were split.

Once I sat down, I began to hear a piano in the back of my head.

The serial theme.

I want to sleep, go away Sarah Koenig.

It quiets down for a little, I fall asleep.

There, it's louder. The serial theme is stuck in my head, each piano chord making me regret falling asleep.

"This is a Global-Tel link Prepaid call from Adnan Seyed an inmate at Maryland Correctional Facility"

Go away

It would not stop. The piano continued on.

"From This American Life and WBEZ Chicago it's Serial. One story told week by week. I'm Sarah Koenig"

I feel like I've heard this phrase countless times.

I wake up while we're on the high way, then go back to sleep.

Comments

Popular Posts