SOL #16 - Rip ToysRUs



[This happened about a month ago, around early-mid February]

Unless you've been living under a rock for the past few months, you would've heard that ToysRUS has filed bankruptcy due to them being outcompeted by companies like Walmart.

Ironically enough, Walmart is starting to be outcompeted by Amazon, but back to the story.

My family was headed to the mall to eat, we ate some chinese food. I, personally, love orange chicken, so I ate that.

I had been planning on buying a Nintendo Switch for a while now, but since we were in North Riverside I thought that this would be the perfect time to ask my Mom.

"Hey Mom, can we get a Nintendo Switch at ToysRUS?", I said

"Why ToysRUS?", my mom replied

"They're having a clearance sale since they're gonna be closing soon", I said

"Oh, ok. We'll go after we're done eating" she said

It seems that time for teenagers passes by significantly faster than adults, as they took 20 minutes to finish eating.

We took the short 3 minute drive there, and upon arriving, the place looked pretty depressing.

In total, there seemed to only be about 5 employees.

Like half of the lights were off and many of the things weren't in stock, as there was probably no point.

There was no one in the electronics section, and you need an employee to unlock the devices in order to buy it.

I told my dad to stay there as I went to look for an employee to help.

I found a large, obese man in a ToysRUS shirt. I asked him to help me. He said, "Sure, go wait in the electronics section while I get someone to help you"

I went there. We waited for about 10 minutes, no sign of a person with a key.

So I went to the front desk and got that person to help.

I ended up getting my switch, but I felt pretty sad seeing this place being gradually destroyed.


Comments

Popular Posts