SOL #18 - Pong



Last summer, my Dad wanted me to have something to do over the summer.

Besides my unicycling, he suggested table tennis. I think this was in his own interest too since he played when he was in his teens.

He bought a full sized table tennis table. What the heck?

Why would you spend $100 on a ping pong table?

In order to not waste this, I started playing against my dad every morning before he went to work.

"Hey, this is pretty fun," I thought

We both learned different techniques and became pretty decent over the course of a few weeks.
We invited my uncle to come over. He was completely demolished, which was pretty funny to me (even though I felt pretty bad).

It started to become addicting to play, but I wasn't willing to dedicate too much time to this. I found myself watching table tennis matches on my free time, I felt like I was wasting my time playing table tennis.

I told this to my Dad, and we retired the table to the basement for a future time.

Maybe,

Maybe I'll go back to it at some point.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts