SOL #30 - Intimidating



[This happened sometime during the summer break between 6th and 7th grade]

During 6th grade, I was pretty uncomfortable with myself due to my weight. Previous years, I had gorged on food, and my health suffered. I planned on exercising over the summer in order to help reverse this.

At first, I thought I would just utilize my YMCA card. I planned on starting before school ended, but I hesitated a lot and started in mid-June.

The first day, I went to the Y, I biked there with a pair of gym shorts and a water bottle in a small backpack that I brought with me.

I went upstairs into one of the rooms, to look around so I could plan what to do.

Surprisingly, the gym didn't smell like sweat or anything weird. The room was well ventilated.

On one side, I saw several 30-50 something women struggling on ellipticals, and another younger man sprinting on a treadmill. I feel like both of these groups are definitely doing something wrong, I don't want to do that.

I turned to look at the left, several adults lifting excessive amounts of weights, and 1 teenager, walking around the stuff. Like me, he was probably very intimidated by the gym.

Went to one of the equipment pieces, the squat rack. I just wanted to see what It was like, I put down my water bottle there and did a few.

I regret doing so, even though no one was looking (which I wanted), it felt like everyone was looking.

I hurriedly left, grabbed my bag and biked back home.

I left my water bottle there, I probably looked like an idiot.



Comments

Popular Posts