SOL #22 - Stranded pt.2



[Continued off SOL #21]

"Flight (insert number I don't remember) has been cancelled for tonight, but we were able to supply you with a hotel room with complimentary dinner for the night"

Oh, ok. That definitely explains things. My dad went over to ask what happened, apparently, the airplane's freaking cockpit windshield had a major crack on it and it had to be repaired overnight, and we had to wait for another available plane

Using the ticket they gave us, we took a bus from the airport to the hotel. We put our luggage in our room and went downstairs to have dinner, albeit, very late.

"Hamburg steak" and rice. It was basically a large hamburger patty, tasted pretty good. Afterward, we headed back upstairs to sleep. I ended up watching something on my iPad till about 1 am since my sleep schedule was going to get majorly gronked over the next few days anyway.

We woke up at around 6 since our bus that would bring us back to the airport would arrive around 6:30.

The flight was at 8, it took us around 10 minutes to make it back to Narita. Since we had an hour plus to kill, we might as well cherish this unplanned time in Japan. Around the terminal were a bunch of stores. Since we can't spend dollars here, my dad went downstairs to convert about $50 into yen so we could get food and buy stuff. My mother and I did most of the walking, we went into a store so I could my some plushes (for friends.....) and get some trinkets.

After that, my mother dragged me and the rest of my family towards a Udon restaurant she saw nearby since she wanted to try it while we were here.

I saw the fake plastic noodles in the window as we walked inside. The employees seemed to be familiar with tourists, as they were kinda fluent in english. We asked for the most popular Udon they have, since we aren't very familiar with it. They gave it to us in these small wooden bowls, and in it were these weird brown flakes that seemed to move with the steam in our udon.

We ate up, and headed to the Php Airlines section of the airport, dropping off our luggage and heading to the docking area (I still don't know what they're called).

The airplane was smaller than the first one and didn't have the cool techy stuff the JAL planes had.

Eh, I can't act spoiled at this point since our last plane had a crack in it.

After our "short" 5 hour flight to Manila, we finally reached our destination.






Comments

Popular Posts