SOL #9 - Human Interaction



This happened recently, this year in February.

I'm on Heritage's student council. About a month ago, we were called down to the mpr to decide how the next school dance would be themed. One of us suggested doing a Masquerade. Being the nihilistic teen that I am, I expected for this to fail and that no one would go.

If I thought that, of course I wouldn't go. After all, I decided that I would go to my cousin's house that friday instead of going.

As the dance date neared, people began to talk more and more about the dance. Some of my close friends said that they would go, but I already dedicated myself to not going.

On the night, my uncle picks me up at my house and we drive to my cousin's house which is about an hour away.

Around 7 pm I'm getting loads of notifications on my phone. Snapchat story notifications.
As I tapped, I saw that the dance was actually really fun, and that there were people that were actually disappointed at me for not going.

To substitute, I watched Gael's seemingly infinite story. Once it ended, I felt empty on the inside. Perhaps I've felt like that for a while, this experience opened me up the that void in me. Guess I'll go next time.

Comments

  1. Stuff like this happens all the time. Now you now that you should go to the next dance, Lorin knows that vegan ice cream is bad, and I know that Orbit gum isn't the best brand to buy in CostCo value packs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts