My Perfect Day - Tuesdays With Morrie

In Tuesdays with Morrie, Mitch asks Morrie what he would do if he was perfectly healthy for one day. He told Mitch his answer, and Mitch was surprised that Morrie just described a typical day that Morrie would go through before he was diagnosed with ALS. Morrie’s day revolved around being around people and having good experiences with them.  My perfect day revolves around the same idea of enjoying life with the people you love.

     My perfect day would start at my Grandparent’s house in Bacayao Norte, Philippines. For the morning, I’d enjoy a light breakfast of fresh Pandesal (with some type of spread) and hazelnut flavored decaffeinated coffee with my relatives at the table. After eating, we would travel to Hundred Islands National Park in a Jeepney, the park is a little less than 5 hours away from their house. After arriving, we would find a tour guide and we’d start Island hopping across the numerous islands there, enjoying the warm salty waters, the fish, crabs, and other various ‘attractions’.

     Around noon, we would go snorkeling around the active coral reefs near one of the main islands. Then we’d pack up our stuff, go boating around the various islands, then we would boat back to where our ride back home was located (mainland). We’d ride home on a Jeepney (again, the only way to bring 10+ relatives), converse a little, and eventually make it back to my grandparent’s home. It would be about 6 or 7 PM, so I would just be relaxing around the house, possibly on the swing, playing with the chicken/dog/parakeets, or catching lizards with my cousins. Then, after dinner, I would go up to my room (converted guest room), and I would lay down, eventually being lulled to sleep by the monotone sound of the fan above.

That is how my perfect day would go.

Attached below...
-Boats

-Short video of the view at the island

-Lizard

-Edgecycle



Comments

Popular Posts