Final Reflection of 7th grade (((feels)))

Today is 5/22, it is almost the end of the school year, school ends in about 2 or so weeks. Time to reflect on 7th grade.
"What are the three most important things you learned this year?"
1. How to write an objective and a subjective essay - this skill will be very important in school, especially since most high school applications/exams look at your writing skills, being able to write good essays is a nice skill to have on your metaphorical 'belt'.
2. How to effectively give feedback to a peer's work - again, this will help a lot, especially in group projects. I used to have some trouble with giving effective feedback to peers, but we practiced this skill a lot this year and I feel proficient in this skill now.
3. How to effectively annotate and analyze a piece of writing - this helps with understanding literature, which is a very important thing to know how to do in school and in general.
"What is something we did this year that you think you will remember for the rest of your life?"
One thing that we did in class that I will remember for the rest of my life would be the book readings and discussions we had in ELA class. This is because most of the books we read changed at least one part of how I view life. Another thing I will remember for the rest of my life would be how petty we were to Carter when he didn't bring crackers. I will also remember all of the odd conversations we would have at the beginning of class
"What was the nicest thing someone in our class did for you this year?"


I would say the nicest thing someone in our class did for me this year would be when Max helped me with my To Kill a Mockingbird Essay, he helped me a lot when I was stuck. Overall, everyone in the class has been really nice to everyone else, thats one thing I like about our ELA class.
"What is something you taught your teacher or classmates this year?"
One thing would say I "taught" to my classmates would be how to NOT and when to NOT ask questions. Repeatedly this year I have asked the wrong questions at the wrong times, like asking about the directions when they were just discussed.


"In what area do you feel you made your biggest improvements? What is something you accomplished this year that you are proud of?"


I feel like I have improved a lot in how I write essays, as we have written MANY of them in ELA class. This year, I am proud of the books and the number of books I read this year. I always wanted to read To Kill a Mockingbird but I wasn't able to properly understand it the first time I tried to read it. Also, I read a lot this year than I did in previous years, I am pretty proud of that.
"What was the most challenging part of this year for you?"


I feel like for me the most challenging part of the year would be keeping up with homework in ELA. This is because I am I heavy procrastinator, and this class is self-paced. Self-pacing + procrastinator = I'm too lazy to type this out I'll do it later
"What was the best piece of writing that you did this year? Why do you think it is your best?"
I think my best piece of writing this year will be my This I believe Final speech. At the time I am writing this, it is not yet finished but I feel as if it’ll one of the few pieces of writing in my life that I have really looked forward to finishing. This is because I feel that it will give me the opportunity to share my philosophies to others without being limited.
"Of the books you read this year, which was your favorite? Why?"


My favorite book to read this year would be Tuesdays with Morrie. This would be because it introduced a lot of new Ideas to me, ones which I never would have thought of before reading it. I would also say it was my favorite because it changed some of my views on life and how I view my future.
"What advice would you give students who will be in this class next year?"


This one is kind of obvious, but I suggest that next year's new students should avoid procrastinating on work as much as possible. I also suggest them to not give into their feelings in this class, you may feel frustrated is Mrs. Larson seems to be mad at you for not finishing work, don't get mad, she is trying to help you (just trust me here). Finally, be open to everybody in the class, and try to involve yourself in the little discussions we have in the beginning of class, they are pretty entertaining. Don't be a Debbie Downer and have fun.


Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed the experience that in ELA class this year. I hope I'm in this class when I'm in 8th grade too (this class is 7th and 8th if you are in accelerated ELA).

(((feels)))




Comments

Popular Posts