3rd Quarter Reflection

Today is March 31st, which means that 3rd quarter is coming to a close, and fourth quarter will follow after spring break (which is tomorrow until next Sunday). This school year has gone by so fast, and I feel like my skills in school have definitely improved since the beginning of the year.


I think the skill I progressed in the most in ELA would be how I interpret pieces of literature. This quarter I have done a lot more reading compared to last quarter, this would be due to me participating in “Battle of the Books” this year. In Battle of the Books, you first form a group of about 4-6 people, then each person in a group reads a different book so that all the books have been read, then in April, we have a competition in which we answer questions about said books.
My favorite book out of the books I have read this quarter would be Echo by Pam Munoz Ryan, it was a very fast read even though the book was quite large, I enjoyed how the stories of multiple people were connected by one item that affected their entire lives.

In the 3rd quarter, I am most proud of me being able to study for the constitution test, do all of my homework for ELA, and balance that with Battle of the Books at the same time. This was very challenging for me, as I tend to work a lot in short bursts of time but then take breaks between those bursts. This didn’t work out so well in the beginning of the quarter, as I didn’t organize my time well. In order to get past this problem, I did some research as to how I could organize my time, I also researched different study methods to help me work more efficiently. I found the “Pomodoro” studying method online, and it has worked very well for me. The Pomodoro sessions are very flexible and tend to be easy to organize, so I just use a simple bullet journal to plan out my time.



Comments

Popular Posts