Bucket List

In ELA, we recently started reading a memoir titled “Tuesdays with Morrie” by Mitch Albom. One thing I have thoroughly enjoyed so far would be how we see the characters change and develop, especially the Narrator (Mitch) and his favorite professor, Morrie Schwartz. Time-wise, the beginning of the book went at a normal pace, but after the Narrator graduated college and left, he described his life for the past 16 or so years in a few short sentences, showing how he his personality has changed. When I initially saw this is surprised me at how the author had very few words to describe his life, which was a complete turnaround from how he described his college self and experiences.


When Mitch was in college, he had a bucket list for his future, he planned that he would be happy with his life and that he would enjoy every moment of it. But once he left, he realized that the world, in fact, did not care about him, he once swore to never work only for the money, but after his realization, his left his bucket list for success. Everyone has a bucket list, but it’s your choice to go through with it. Here is my bucket list:
  • Get into my dream High School
  • Graduate High School
  • Get into an objectively good college/university
  • Get either an Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Biomedical Engineering, or some form of medical degree/major (at least one of these)
  • Graduate College/University
  • Learn how to ride a unicycle
  • Buy a house (when older, duh)
  • Find and work a job that I like
  • Find a job that deals with space things
  • Or find a job with medical-y things
  • Touch a Kiwi (bird)
  • Adopt a Budgie
  • Live as long as a stereotypical Asian person does
  • Meet or talk to Elon Musk (would be pretty cool… this guy actually uses his money to contribute to humanity)
  • Add to this list once everything has been checked out

This list mainly contains goals that would make me both successful AND happy, which is contrasted from Mitch in Tuesdays with Morrie. My main motivation for success would have to be my family/loved ones, I would like to be able to support my family (when needed) when I’m older. The goals may make me sound like a dreamer, but is that a bad thing?



Comments

Popular Posts