2nd Quarter Reflection!

On the 20th of January (a few days ago, Friday), the 2nd quarter of the school year ended. This means that I am about half way through 7th grade! Time flies, doesn't it?
I would have to say that one of my biggest improvements in ELA are the way that I annotate and understand books. In quarter 2, we did a lot of annotating, in both AOW assignments and books. Due to this, I made a habit of annotating most big pieces of literature that I have read in the second quarter. This is great because it helps me increase my understanding of the things I read. Also, I signed up for the "Battle of The Books" competition at my school, this competition would be a good way to practice the skills that I improved in the 2nd quarter.

To follow this, the thing I am the proudest of so far is the fact that I didn't hesitate when signing up for the Battle of the Books competition. I could have signed up last year, but I didn't because I was afraid that I would lose all my freedom on the weekends. But this year I changed my schedule so that it was more school-oriented and left a lot of time at the end of the day so I could still read, do homework, and have free time. Due to that, I am now able to devote a lot more time to reading than last year, as I only read 17-23 books last year (around that). This year, I hope to read all 16 BOB books, which would push my current books/read count up to 32 for this school year, this is a big improvement from last year. Speaking of books, this quarter we read and annotated the book To Kill a Mockingbird, so far it has been one of my favorite books to read, it just had so much depth to it, especially with the symbolism!

Finally, I would have to say the hardest part of the 2nd quarter was keeping up with the work. To elaborate on this, the thing I had the hardest time was with quality control, I wanted to make sure that all the work I had turned in was good quality. Luckily before we read, and while we were reading TKAM, we worked on strategies to keep our work concise and meaningful. One of these would be getting rid of passive-voice use.

Next quarter (now) I hope to make even more progress in all my classes, especially ELA!

Comments

Popular Posts