Election reflection

Just yesterday (11/8/16), the crazy 2016 presidential race has come to a close. It has invoked many thoughts, making some of us question our morals and our country. Mostly question our country.
But, we must stay open minded! Pushing aside the memes, and offended Tumblr blogs, I will reflect on the messiness that was 2016's presidential race.

In general, my thought of this election was negative. This year we ALL saw how everyone is so split on problems. Like illegal immigration, abortion, terrorism, and how to prevent it. One other thing I noticed, is that many, many, sources of the media are more leaning to the left. Some examples are The new York times, CNN, NBC, ABC, FOX, The Washington Post, and much more. It also showed how corrupt some politicians are, but it mainly revealed the curtain on Hillary, and we all know how that went.

As for my thoughts on the results, I feel satisfied. "WHY? RACIST!" are words I commonly hear sometimes, but I don't totally agree with Trump, but I completely disagree with Hillary Clinton. I feel like some of Trump's policies agree with my morals, but I have my reasons. The results were a total surprise to me because I already accepted that America would go to war with Russia if Hillary became president (explanation: Putin hates Hillary. Hillary wants a no-fly zone over Syria, and Russia likes protecting Syria), the fact that Trump won not in the public election, but the electoral college. Many projections from the news predicted a Hillary Victory. To sum it all up, I was pleasantly surprised. Because sometimes Trump supporters (like me) get called racist when we voice our opinions, I have frequently heard "So, ARE YOU GOING TO GET DEPORTED?" or "Racist! Misogynist!", and if you say those things just because of my beliefs, you are no better than those you complain about, because you preach that we shouldn't judge others based on their beliefs. It seems like outspoken conservatives are a species hunted to extinction, they cannot say their thoughts without being slandered. I feel Like Trump can appropriately represent us (as a country) if we just have an open mind, remember that we need a peaceful transition of power.

One thing I found absolutely ridiculous about this, are the many millennials that actually believed everything from the media, closing their mind in the process. In fact, a large percentage of residents from California want to leave the US entirely, even when DT won't officially become president until Inauguration day. The reactions of many are ridiculous, we shouldn't RIOT or graffiti. We need to unite with an open mind. Not separate with tears.

PS: There was evidence that found Hillary rigged the primaries against Bernie. Many Bernie supporters voted Trump because they saw how Corrupt Hillary really is.

Link: http://observer.com/2016/07/wikileaks-proves-primary-was-rigged-dnc-undermined-democracy/


Comments

Popular Posts